The Husky Howl

Taking the lead

Student holds state position

Back to Article
Back to Article

Taking the lead

Louana Bohn presents at a crimestoppers meeting. Bohn is in her second year of service to the student organization.

Louana Bohn presents at a crimestoppers meeting. Bohn is in her second year of service to the student organization. "Crimestoppers is fun for me because I get to help out around the community with safety seminars or 5Ks that help support our police officers," Bohn said.

Sonya Ganeshram, Author

Every year, campus crimestoppers receive reports of minor crimes throughout the school. Stolen rings, missing flash drives, some graffiti, Crimestoppers take care of it all. Crimestoppers work to making students in the Hirschi community aware of these situations through local school media. It’s that helping the community initiative that motivates junior, Louana Bohn, to participate in the organization.

“I joined crimestoppers because I thought it would be a good way to get involved in my community and work for a cause,” Bohn said.

Bohn is a Texas State Ambassador Alternate for the program and will be switched out to being an ambassador for the Texas Crimestoppers at this year’s conference. Taking on the role of an ambassador is a pretty big deal. She helps out at the annual conference as a volunteer as a senior crimestopper’s member. However, though the conference might seem stressful, Bohn thoroughly enjoys it.

“My favorite part about Crimestoppers is the conference because I get to meet other students in the State of Texas who are interested in making an impact. It’s really eye-opening to see the amount of students wanting to make the community a better place,” Bohn stated.

While Crimestoppers might seem like a very serious organization, Bohn also admits it’s quite fun.

“Crimestoppers is fun for me because I get to help out around the community with safety seminars or 5Ks that help support our police officers. I believe it’s really important to support our local law enforcement. Plus 5K’s are super fun,” Bohn said.